Sunday 27 July 2014

Busy London

Hi blog Followers,

Horse Guards Parade
Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, but it's been really busy.

London is an amazing place there is no room wasted anywhere! And the traffic is just chaotic, it takes a long
time to get anywhere. But it's worth it when you get there.

Mounted Police Woman
In this blog I'm going to tell you a bit about the Horse Guard Parade and Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace. But before I begin I would like to say thanks to my grandparents. Kevin, for showing us around London and generally being an excellent guide, and Isobel, for making us at home and looking after us.
Without them most of what we have done would not
have been possible.

The Horse Guard Parade had to be moved to a small court yard because the usual parade ground had been used for an event that weekend so it was all being packed up, but I enjoyed it anyway. They had a troop of blacks and a troop of bays, the blacks had been on guard and the bays were coming to takeover the job. I was surprised that they looked so young and most of them were woman. It was really great and we got lots of pics. There were four mounted police controlling the crowds and I thought that they used their large horses very effectively. I want to be a mounted  police women.

Then Grandpa Kevin led us through the park to Buckingham Place were the changing of the guards was happening. the square was packed and we didn't get a good look but dad gave me a shoulder ride. The band played Happy by Pharrel Williams and a couple of
Irish Guards (you can tell by the blue plume in their bearskin cap)
other songs and then marched out.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment