Thursday 18 September 2014

France 2 Part 3

After we realised that the school term was starting in France we drove straight to our friends Remy and Jenny in Grasse. Jenny and Remy have to sons of similar age to me who were learning English, so it was a bit hard to communicate but they had a translation app on their iPad so it worked out OK.


Most of the time we played video games and the Wii which was more educational as you think as it was all in French. But to get some fresh air we would jump in their lovely deep pool. They had a really nice house, we stayed in the ground story flat which was also very nice.

I really enjoyed staying with a French family because of the different culture.  At first it was hard to adjust to the different set of manners as I had never stayed with French people before who didn’t have English habits. But when I adapted it was great seeing all the little things that are just slightly different but still smart. I enjoyed the experience and can't wait till I can visit them again.

We had a day trip to Cannes and had a swim in the Mediterranean and compared to the locals I was very white. After that we set of on the route Napoleon to Port De Lann where my Aunty Jo and Uncle Fred live.

I had an amazing time and have learnt a lot.

Playing the WII

Dad and I at the the beach

Having dinner

At the Mediterranean

Driving through Grasse


No comments:

Post a Comment